Friday 5 February 2010

Polkadoodles week 5

Good morning peeps, it's Friday which must mean a new Polkadoodle challenge. And this week it's our teamie Claire's turn to host the challenge and she ask that we include some paper piercing on our card.

Before I move on to how I made my card, I just want to remind you all that you still have time to enter the one off Stampalot challenge where the prize is a Big Shot plus dies etc.

I decided on a bit of machining, albeit it rather rickety, I just can't sew straight lines anymore it seems. And a colourway that I should use more, somehow I don't seem to use blue often but I was drawn to this pretty stripey paper from the 'Whiskers and Paws' section of the Back to Nature CD.

The stampie is from the same CD which I coloured with Copics, cutting three layers to build up and add dimension. The border is Martha Stewart embossed scallop and the corner frame a Sizzix die run through the Big Shot. The two flowers were created with punches and spritzed with Glimmer Mist lavender fields. I punched a few daisies from the stripey paper offcuts and added them round the image.

17 comments:

issy said...

Morning Brenda, This is lovely, superb colours.
the blue is beautiful.

x
issy

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Brenda. What a stunner. Gorgeous colour combination, love the design and the image is cute. I adore your little flowers.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Mel said...

Hi Brenda, what a fab card love all the detail you have put in.
Mel x

Fleur said...

Hi Brenda - I love it, the image is great & your stitching is fine! Hope you are ok, Hugs Fleur xXx

lisa said...

Morning Brenda. You really are a flower diva aren't you, these are gorgeous. I love the stitching too and she looks a very happy young lady, must be being on a such a beautiful card.
Have a lovely weekend.

Lisax

Lynda said...

Fabulous card and flowers Brenda! Love the colours and the stampie image.


Love Lynda xxx

Fliss said...

Love your card Brenda and see we've managed to pick the same image too. We'll have to stop meeting like this, tee hee!!!
Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Fliss xx

pinky said...

This is lovely Brenda, why did I think these cds had nothing but papers on them!
Pinky

Kari said...

Fabulous card,Brenda!Lovely colours!Gorgeous flowers.
Have a great day:)

Hugs,Kari:)

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous, Brenda. I love this colour scheme. xx

Tracy said...

This colour combo is great, love the image and the papers are so fab and ideal for girls that are not into the usual pink. The colours suit her dungarees.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda, what a fabulous card, and that image is gorgeous. Love the papers and flowers to they are beautiful. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Anonymous said...

This is adorable, love the flourishes!

Beryl said...

Gorgeous Brenda - love the stripy flowers and the glimmer misted ones.
Beryl xx

Sally H said...

Lovely card, with a gorgeous colour combi! I love that corner too!

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!! Love the colour combo, and the fancy corner is just gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

mrsk06 said...

Hi Brenda

Gorgeous card and you've chosen the perfect colours it all works so nice together

Take care

Sal xx