Sunday 6 September 2009

Friday Sketchers

I'm so thrilled as I won the candy at Friday Sketchers, $30 of stamps - my choose - from Verve stamps, so a big thank you to all. And this week Heidi has given us another super sketch to follow.

The finished article is a bit busy compared with my norm, but I think it has a sort of Victoriana feel to it and it's growing on me. I used a stamp I have had for ages but rarely used, it is Great Impression H133 which I stamped with versafine back and embossed with detail clear, then coloured the butterflies with Promarkers. The DP is from Kaiser and the butterflies made using my Xcut punch using some scraps of checked vellum which seem to be made for this DP as the colours match so well. I added some lace, made wire antenna for the butterflies, layered them and added Distress Stickles for the thorax. The greeting is from a clear Hero set, but afraid I don't have the code.

12 comments:

Lynda said...

Awww Brenda I love this card - the rich colours are beautiful - I agree it does have a victorian feel to it. Think thats because of the lace you used and also that stamp looks like the tiles they used to make back then. Those butterflies just set it off perfectly too.

Love Lynda xxx

Sarah xx said...

Oh Brenda - the 3d butterflies are simply gorgeous! What a beautiful card. xxx

Sally H said...

Stunning Brenda!You're right, it does have a victoriana feel to it. Well done on winning the Blog candy. Happy spending!

Louise said...

love the look of this card lots of detail and pretty bits
louise xxx

eiyiyi said...

Oh Brenda, this is so soft and elegant. It's just gorgeous. Congrats on the blog candy win. Can't wait to see what you create with your new toys. hugs, eileen

Tracy said...

I adore those butterflies, and the overall card is really pretty.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Unknown said...

congrats on the candy win! and I love this butterfly I keep seeing people posts hwo use it and it always looks so good as does yours I like the paper with the little BFs too

Love Dawn xx

Lesley Edmonds said...

Ooo Brenda this is Beautiful!!!!! I love all things butterfly LOL
Lesley x

Anne said...

Wow! This is beautiful! I love the butterflies and lace! Great work!

Thanks for the visit and nice comment in my blog!!

And I must admit to bee very curious to see what a lady aged 209 could make. *LOL*

-Anne-

Kari said...

I just love these butterflies!Gorgeous!
Wonderful colours!
Have a great evening:)

Hugs,Kari:)

Juls said...

this is just beautiful, such a gorgeous combo and those butterflies are just so deliacate!

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

You're right.. It does have a Victoriana feeling, which is lovely! It really works.

Hugs,
Chris xx