Saturday 5 September 2009

Allsorts challenge

Wow don't the weeks fly by, it's week 17 already at Allsorts and the theme this week has been set my my teamie Debs who is looking for "Something for the Boys". Now all us crafters always complain that cards for men are difficult, so we are really looking forward to seeing what your creative juices produce.

My DT card uses this cute little owl from Hero Arts A4942 stamped three times and the branch H4946 all stamped with versafine sepia and embossed with detail clear over a moon created by sponging through a circle cut into in a piece of copier paper. The leaves and swirls in the corner are from Inkadinkado 98396 and the leaf is from the same set, stamped onto shrink plastic with Brilliance inks. Border and corner are Martha Stewart embossed zigzag and DP's My Minds Eye.......just for a change - I know it's becoming repetitive, but they do have such yummy designs and the quality is superb ! Sentiment is Art Impression G3130 and I added tiny gems for the owls eyes.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Loveing the owls & the colour combination too! Some lovely lady sent me some wonderful stencils in the post thank you so much! hope to use them soon when G'Son goes home lol

Love Dawn xx

shaz earl said...

A beautiful card Brenda love the Owl image x

Silli said...

Hello Brenda, your cards are very pretty, the owl´s are very cool. I love the colors...and the borders. Hugs and happy weekened...Silke

Kari said...

Wonderful;brenda!I think cards for men are really hard to do,but this is great!
I love the colour!
Have a lovely Saturday;)

Hugs,Kari:)

Lynda said...

Brilliant "man card" Brenda - just love everything about it. Your stamping is fab and I love how you've done that leaf swirl over the corner.

Love Lynda xxx

chris said...

Hi Brenda love this card
love the colours for a man and yes they are so difficult to find stamps and papers for.
I have just looked back at your cards(havent felt much like doing anything just lately) and you have done some brill ones but I have to say I saw them in the flesh last weekend and they look amazing if only Mr blog could make them shine like they do in real life!!

lisa said...

This would be great for anybody Brenda, but perfect for those difficult men!!
I love the owls and the way that inkadinkadoo stamp creeps in at the side, just beautiful.
Hope you're having a good weekend.

Lisax

Irene said...

Hello Brenda

Fantastic card, and perfect for a man.

Love the owls and how you have put them inside the moon.

luv
irene
xxxx

Tracy said...

Really good card, I love your leaf embellies and the colours on the card are fab too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Claire Phillips said...

Great card Brenda - I adore owls! cheers Claire x

Unknown said...

hi brenda, i love that little owl stamp. i have that set too but havent used it yet, but after seeing your card i want to go and use it Now!
lovely effect with the moon in the background
love emma x

Anonymous said...

I love the colours and the blending! great stamp too! lovely :0)

cheryl said...

love this hun the colours are just great love the design love cheryl xxxxxx

gina g said...

Hi Brenda i love this card love the image and the colours and those little leaves are fab. luv gina xx

Thank you for your comment on my blog. xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

I love owl cards' so naturally I adore an owl card made by you. just gorgeous brenda, love the colours too. janex

Juls said...

fab card!! love the image, and the sepia tones just work perfectly! love it!

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

What a hoot!! ;o) Brill owl card, Brenda.. Have said this before, but it bears repeating.. I LOVE the way you do your moons!

Hugs,
Chris xx