Wednesday 15 July 2009

Spoonful of Sugar and New Penny Black

Better late than never ........ had all good intentions of doing some more cards with the new Penny Black Christmas stamps freshly arrived from Sir Stampalot, but wasn't to be last evening ........ grief I must have been bad in a former life as it seems to be one thing after another. As if it's not bad enough starting the teeth/gum treatment tomorrow, last night I ended at at A&E with eye problems - they anaesthetised my eyes and say it's an infection in both eyes but assure me it has absolutely nothing to do with the eye drops they gave me during the tests yesterday morning.......hummmmmmm !

So a delayed return to playing with these new stamps which are now available for immediate dispatch from Sir Stampalot. I have incorporated this one into this weeks Spoonful of Sugar challenge which is a great sketch by Debbie.
The main image is Penny Black 3984K stamped with versamark and embossed with detail gold onto acetate. I have laid this over a piece of vellum onto which I stamped snowflakes from Penny Black crystaline set 30-018 using versamark majestic blue and embossing with iridescent powder. I have stamped the same snowflakes onto the background using the same ink and powder combination.

The DP is a piece from my stash, the diagonal border punched with Martha Stewart arched lattice and the holly cut from Cricut Christmas solutions and again inked and embossed as above.

8 comments:

Liz said...

ohhhhh Brenda! The border to die for they are so hard to get!! That card is STUNNING Love it

So sorry to hear you have so much going on Never comes in one does it?
I will be keeping my eye open on you blog Did you get listing these that Mr linkys a ****
Liz xx

Jules said...

Oh dear Brenda.

Sorry that you are "in the wars" at the moment.

I hope that everything is ok with you now "eye wise" and I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Phew it is a good job you are brave!!!

Love Jules xx

Juls said...

Love this the gold leaves are just Fab!

Tracey said...

Beautiful card :-) I hope you get your eyes/teeth/gums sorted out very soon.

Hugs
Tracey
x

PatR said...

Hi Brenda, firstly sorry to hear you are having problems at the moment, hope you'll soon be sorted out.
The card is gorgeous and I love this stamp, such an unusual image which you've shown off to perfection.
Love, Pat xx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card,and a Fab take on my sketch,Thanks for playing along with ASFOS this week,Hugs Debbie x

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous card. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Sarah C said...

Love this. Colour combinations is fantastic