Tuesday 28 July 2009

Passion for Promarkers

The colours for this weeks Passion for Promarkers are "Pastel Pink and Cool Aqua plus a sketch". The colours work really well together and the pink is almost a salmon colour.

I have gone botanical and used my new Magenta 14315.0 from Sir Stampalot a week or so back which I promised to do samples with.......well I did manage a couple and then sort of got sidetracked with more new goodies, so thought I should give it another airing.

I guess using Promarkers this way does not offer the opportunity to blend them in the same way as on a larger area, but I quite like the effect and they colours match this My Minds Eye DP so well. After stamping with versafine back and embossing with detail clear, I cute the circles out with Nesities through the bug, stamping the smaller flower several times more to cut out and decoupage.

The sentiment is from Hero CL288........yes I used one from the set yesterday as well after rediscovering the set filed in a wrong stamp drawer. The scallop edge was made using Fiskars threading water punch, some ribbon added, pearls here and there and I also diamond glazed the large flowers. Oh nearly forgot, leaves yet again using my new L-Em punch from the same source as the stamps.

21 comments:

Wiccababe said...

what a fabulous effect Brenda, lovely take on the challenge
thanks for joining us this week on PfP and good luck
Debbi
xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Brenda, what a stunning card. I love the effect on the flowers and the papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

pinky said...

Beautiful card Brenda, really love the effect you have got with the flower stamps, and I am loving the leaf punch.
Pinky

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, and I love the image you've used.Thanks for joining the challenge this week.
Maria xx

Powerful Search Engine said...

OOh Brenda I adore this it is so beautiful in every way, hugs Pascale

eiyiyi said...

Beautiful, as always.

hugs, eileen

Juls said...

what gorgeous flowers! This is such a beautiful card!

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card Brenda. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

LISA said...

Beautiful card xx

coldwaters2 said...

Brenda this is just wonderful the image, design and colours are just gorgeous.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Zoechaos said...

Gosh those colours work really well, love those flowers great card - love it.

thanks also for your very kind comment recently over at my place.

How are you doing now recovering hopefully?

Ida / Little said...

Gorgeous card, just love the sentiment stamp!! :) Thanks for joining us this week at PfP! :)

Hugs Ida

Lynne K said...

Lovely card, Brenda. Those two colours really do go well together, don't they?

PS. I always enjoy looking at your cards, so I've put something for you on my blog!

Lynda said...

Stunning flowers and I love the sentiment stamp. A very beautiful card Brenda.

Love Lynda xxx

lisa said...

Hi Brenda. What unusual colours but they really work so well together. I love your flowers as always, especially with those leaves!!

Lisax

Nilla said...

Beautiful card Brenda! Thanks for your comment and I hope you have a great vacation! Hugs Nilla

Jo said...

Hey Brenda, just wanted to tell you how much I like all the cards you've made lately. I usually pop in once a day ... to see what you've been up to ... and I'm never disappointed! Thanks for the inspiration.

Jo xx

Irene said...

Hello Brenda

Another fabulous card, I love it. Thank you so much for your inspiration.

luv
irene
xxxx

Craftnut said...

Great card brenda. Tracy

Kit said...

Great take on the pfp sketch for this weeks pfp challenge, best of luck

Sally H said...

Stunning Card, Brenda! You are so clever!