Saturday 25 July 2009

New toys

Funny how you come back from craft shops with things you never remember picking up ....... would you believe it happened to me yet again at Stampalot yesterday ....... figure some of you have experienced this strange phenomena as well ? If anyone has actually worked out how it happens please share, otherwise I shall just carry on in ignorance and guess it will continue.......how awful would that be.

So some of this new stash, well for starters there are some new inchies, then some Fancy Pants DP and a very nice bird stamp so figured I'd better force myself to try some of them out and this is what I came up with.

I stamped the bird Magenta 41014.I and three of the inchies from Inkadinkadoo 98852 (these aren't actually the new ones - they have dogs and will share them shortly) with versafine sepia onto the lighter side of the new Fancy Pants DP which is pale blue with little flowers. I cut a border using Fiskars threading water punch, laid this reverse stripe side up and cut the bird and matching mat using nesties through the bug. Gave the new L-Em.com leafy fern punch another outing punching from the same DP, added some flowers, ribbon, gem and button to finish and little pearls with the leaves although they don't seem to show up in my picture.

16 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous card! Love the inchies!!

eiyiyi said...

I love it. Every single inchie of it.

eileen xo

raindropecho said...

Brenda, sometimes ignorance is bliss :D Yet again, another wonderful card from you! This is beautiful!
- Ann

Jules said...

Hi Brenda - you be careful. Don't want to hear you have been "done" for shop-lifting. That wouldn't be clever.

Must admit I don't have this problem. I remember every single little thing I put into my basket - because it takes me so long to decide what I want (or should I say, what I can have).

I take for ever drooling over everything!!! Even things I don't even need. I only get to buy over the internet most of the time so when I am free in an actual shop it is like heaven!!

Love your new stash - especially those gorgeous little inchies.

Take care

Love Jules xx

Kari said...

Beautiful card,Brenda! Lovely details and colours:)
Have a lovely weekend:)

Hugs,Kari:)

Cherry said...

Lovely card, Brenda. Definitely beginning to know what you mean. Today got my first embossing powders, stamp and heat gun - not what I planned at all!

XXX

Sarah C said...

This is so beautiful. Love the images and colours.

I got some new stamps this week. Somehow a second set jumped in my basket!!! Having trouble getting a crisp image though. Any tips???? xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card just love that bird image Brenda this is one fabulous creation.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Brenda hiya what a lovely card,the image is fab! xx jo xx

Lynda said...

Hi Brenda, I seem to have the same phenomenon (Big Word eh)happening to me too - I even have stuff posted to me that I couldn't possibly have ordered. What's that all about lol. My drawers are just bursting at the seams with all this extra stash I keep acquiring.... but I love it all and thats the main thing.

Your card is just beautiful and so are all the others too - I can't keep up with you lately!

Love Lynda xxx

cheryl said...

your card hun is adorable great colouring too, I had a parcel delivered the othere day but hey it wernt mine weel so l told my hubbie is was sent by mistake and I send it back tomorrow yes dont think so love cheryl xxxxx

Sarah xx said...

Ha ha - this happens to me too, and that parcel that you think just arrived - no - that's just an old box that came weeks ago - I was just storing some stash in it!!! Lovely card xxx

Diane said...

Beautiful card, love the new birdie and the inchies, lovely color, too! I love buying new "stuff" especially when it shouts "buy Me" when I walk past, now who can resist that???

PinksyDoodles said...

This is beautiful Brenda, I love your new stamps.
I'm more of an internet craft shopper - but I am certain the "add to basket" button works all by itself!!
Clare x

Irene said...

Hello brenda

What a fabulous card, fab new stamps especially
the inchies.

luv
irene
xxxx

craftimamma said...

Wonderful card Brenda. I love the colours and the layout. Aren't the L-Em leafy punches great? I have the evergreen one and love it. The one you have is next on my list.

Lesley Xx