Tuesday 14 July 2009

New Penny Black part 2


Here's the next one from these gorgeous new pre release Christmas Penny Black stamps just arrived at Sir Stampalot (see previous post).

This one is 3982K Golden Leaves and although it's in the Christmas range, it really is too lovely to use just once a year and I can see no end of uses for it. On this card I have used a Glimmer Misted background of Key Lime, Gold and the slightest touch of patina, then repeat stamped with Stayzon citrus green and Versafine black. The greeting is from from Penny Black 30-304 and the butterfly good old PB 3819D stamped on to vellum with versamark and lightly coloured with Brilliance thyme.

After tearing the edges I distressed with Tim Holtz shabby shutters and also stamped the base card with the main image using versamark and detail clear, although that doesn't show up too well on my picture. I tied a piece of gingham ribbon and added a pin and a couple of beads. Oh and especially for Jules I'd better say that I added some stickles to the butterflies thorax's.

20 comments:

Lynda said...

Just beautiful - I should have ordered this stamp too!!!
Love Lynda xxx
Forgot my kisses on the last post so you can have double this time xxx

Juls said...

gorgeous card, love how you have stamped with various colours, Love the overall look to this card.

Carol said...

Beautiful xx

Lynne K said...

Lovely card! Lovely stamp too. One for the wish list. x

Zoechaos said...

Love the card you have made with this and the sentiment is spot on.

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Another stunner! Beautiful work, Brenda.

Hugs,
Chris xx

chris said...

this I dont like I LOVE!! amazing
love chris xx

lisa said...

Just beautiful as always Brenda. This stamp would look great at anytime like you say.

Lisax

Kirsten...x said...

Hi Brenda this is just stunning, the different colour stamping looks great and i just adore the buterflie's hugs kirsten...x

PatR said...

A very versatile stamp Brenda that you've used to perfection. What a gorgeous, clever card!

Pat xx

Jo said...

Oh Brenda, this is just lovely. I agree, that stamp must be used year 'round. I've never tried Glimmer Mist, but now I'm thinking I 'need' to. I've finally made a card using my rose stamp (Penny Black 3815J). I hope to have it posted later today. Thanks again for the inspiration.

Jo xx

cheryl said...

this is stunning love that stamp and you have made such a brilliant job with all the lovely detail love cheryl xxxxxxx

Unknown said...

loving this Brenda like the colours alot they are working really well love the embossing too

Love Dawn xx

Jules said...

Oh Brenda - another brilliant card from you and another great stamp from Penny Black. Can't wait to see all the others!!!

Tee hee .. .. you made me laugh. So glad you remember to mention the thorax on the beautiful butterflies.

Love Jules xx

coldwaters2 said...

I love this one Brenda how beautiful that image is in fact the card is fabulous.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Liz said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Liz xx

Claire Phillips said...

How beautiful - the colour is so perfect. Cheers Claire x

raindropecho said...

Wow, the wonders that you've done with that stamp! What a beautiful card
-Ann

Sally H said...

This is lovely! I have a real passion for trees and leaves - I think this stamp might become a 'must have'!

Sarah C said...

Wow, you've made a simple stamp look amazing.