Thursday 16 July 2009

Inspirational Card Sketchers

My first card of the day is for Inspirational Card Sketchers, another of Dawn B great sketches to follow.

I started with another of the new Penny Black Christmas stamps 3984K available now from Sir Stampalot with one my favourite messy techniques ....... what better way to start the day than elbow deep in inks, glue, acetate, an old book and kitchen foil ........ anyone who wants to try this out I go into it detail here.

The oval and swirl were cut on cricut Plantin Schoolbook and home accents. I stamped over the top oval with Magenta crackle background 32090M with Stayzon sepia and Hero script writing with H2365 and Tim Holtz tattered straw. I also roughed up the edges of the oval and distressed with the same TH ink. The scroll was stippled with Adirondack gold acrylic dabber. The greeting is Art Impression F3143. DP is from stash and gems added to finish.

21 comments:

Juls said...

absolutly stunning! I love it!

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow, this is stunning Brenda. Love this effect.
Clare x

Irene said...

Hello Brenda

Your card is amazing, the technique is fantastic. I love the colours and stamp. The gems in the corner just finish it off to perfection.

luv
irene
xxxx

June said...

excellent art work and a beautiful result
hugs june x

Dawn♥ said...

What a elegant looking card! Love that technique you used on your card. Thanks for playing! :)
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Vicky said...

Beautiful card, great technique. Thanks for joining in at ICS.
:)x

Sarah C said...

That technique gives such a fantastic look. Gorgeous

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda, I bet you had a whale of a time with all that mess, but what a lovely result, I love your card its stunning. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Kari said...

Great card,Brenda! So lovely colors:)
Have a great evening:)

Hugs,Kari :)

Lynda said...

Wow Brenda I've just had a close up view of your card and the image you've created in the centre in just stunning.
Love Lynda xxx

Sue said...

Great card and technique. I followed your link and saw how you did it. I will have a try on Sunday.....Thanks for sharing,

Sue
x

Liz said...

Will be looking at the link Thanks for all ur help yesteday too Brillint card but yours alwas are!
Liz

Fink said...

What a wonderfully done card. Love the foil! Thanks for joining us at ICS

lisa said...

Hi Brenda. This is just lovely. Looks like you had a great time playing!!!!

Lisax

Sally H said...

Great card and technique, I shall have to have a go after we break up!

Dorothy said...

I cannot find the image, but I wanted to let you know how gorgeous your sample is on the AllSorts challenge today. Super job!

Claire Phillips said...

fabulous effect - beautiful Cheers Claire x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

WOW!!! What a beautiful card and I love the technique you used on your image!!! REALLY amazingly beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at ICS!

Anonymous said...

Your card is `beautiful`
Thanks for joining in with ICS this week:) x

Regina said...

this is stunning! love all the elements! thanks for playing along at ICS

Chrissie said...

Wow, this is really something... great techniques and fabby stamps.
Chrissie