Saturday 11 July 2009

Friday Sketchers

Afternoon all and a follow on from yesterdays post Friday using the new Magenta stamp 14315.O which Sir Stampalot asked me to create some samples with. This one is a bit of a lengthy process, but I will share it as that's all part of this blogging business.

This time I have used it in a totally different way following this weeks super sketch from Friday Sketchers, which is very 'me' nice and symmetrical. Quite a lot of elements used here, but real fun and a bit messy too ........ right up me street. I stamped the image onto a piece of ivory linen cardstock using Tim Holtz spiced marmalade, then while it was still wet brushed gold perfect pearls over which gave me a nice shiny finish but with some of the orange still showing through. I then spritzed the piece with Glimmer Mists gold and terracotta and finally roughed up the edges and distressed with more of the TH ink.

I used the same stamp again onto a pieced of tan cardstock stamping with versafine brown and embossing with detail clear, then bleached out the flowers ........ the bleach worked really well on this card, it's always a bit hit and miss as they all react differently, but I was really pleased with this finish.

The butterfly and swirls were cut in Cricut home decor/accents, and 'splodged'.......this is most definitely a technical terminology.......with Adirindcak acrylic dabbers copper and gold. Finally a band across the middle punched with my MS embossed scallop, a button, some raffia and some gems ........ swarovski ones so this card must be for someone special - ah just remembered, it has a home in Peterborough !

12 comments:

tracie said...

Hi Brenda, hope your well hun.. oh wow this is stunning.. love the image and the whole effect is fabulous.. Congrats on your new DT ~ very well deserved.
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs
Tracie :)x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Brenda this is one awesome creation just love the techniques you have used and the colours are my favourite. I love the bleaching effect on the flowers I have not been brave enough to try it but maybe one day I will have a go lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Now don't tease, Brenda!! That's not nice! lol ;o)

Ohh, Jannnniiiice.. Stand by your postbox! Pretty card Pebo-bound! hehe ;o)

Hugs,
Chris xx

Lynda said...

Wow Brenda what a lot of work you've put into this one and well worth the effort it's gorgeous. Congrats on the DT post. Am on with all my challenges - Allsorts and all - just a bit behind with posting them this weekend though!! Hope you're well.
Love Lynda xxx

raindropecho said...

Wow this was quick! Love those stamps! Great job on this card :D

Saskia said...

So beautiful and elegant!

Saskia :)

cheryl said...

congratualtions on your DT post this is just a stunning card adore everyithing about it love cheryl

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

Wow - what a brilliant way to show us just one stamp!! Very creative and inspiring.

Fantastic "splodging" too!!! LOL!!

Happy Sunday.

Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

This is a great card, love the papers you've chosen and the image is lovely.
Barbara

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda Your cards are lovely, thank you for looking at my blog and becoming a follower.
Luv Jane xx

Janis Lewis said...

WOW! The rich colors with the beautiful images and die cuts and eyelets... I love it!

Sandra Wright. said...

Stunning, it's certainly shows how much work you have put in to make this card, the end result is amazing.

Hugs Sandie x