Saturday 25 July 2009

Allsorts challenge 11

Morning folks, challenge eleven is with us at Allsorts and this week Kirsten has asked Dawny P to create us one of her fab sketches. Those of you who follow some the the other challenges will know Dawny P is famous for her sketches and she certainly hasn't let us down with this one and it's combined with the twist of 'Chocolate and Marshmallow' to get your taste buds salivating.

I really enjoyed this one even if I did have a calamitous start ........ created a card I was really happy with, but in shades of green ! It's all this holiday excitement........yes cases down from the loft and lots of neat piles waiting to be packed ....... only downside is that I keep saying "don't wear that, find something old"....... by Friday the family will look like tramps if I get my way.

Enough blather, down to my card in the correct colourway. My image is Penny Black 3982K stamped twice with Brilliance orchid and chocolate, cut into three ........ yes I know I did this last week, but it goes with what I want to achieve with this one which was to ink each section with versamak and then iridescent embossing powder. My DP is a double sided one from Chatterbox, the centres of the flowers are pink, but afraid you can't see too much of them. The greeting is Hero A4981 cut out with nesties on the bug and pearls added to finish.

5 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Have a wonderful holiday - don't forget to blog your snaps when you get back, well the best bits anyway :)

Great card the tryptic (you know what i mean) really works, might be borrowing the idea for an elegant card that has been blocking with me.

Take care & HAVE FUN

PinksyDoodles said...

This is beautiful. I love the stamp and the colour scheme.
Have a good weekend.
Clare x

eiyiyi said...

Lovely card. I really like the split images.

Be well, enjoy your packing!

eileen xoxo

Claire Phillips said...

I love this colour - fabulous! Cheers Claire x

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Oh, yes.. Loving the triptych effect and how clever to have the circle sentiment just peeking out. I have that stamp.. hmmm... I feel a technique 'lift' coming on!! lol ;o)

Hugs,
Chris xx