Friday 29 May 2009

Friday Sketchers 54

Good morning everyone, a beautiful sunny start to the day here, hope it's the same where you are.

I'm up against time here this morning as decided to treat myself to a laptop so I can transfer my Cricut software to it.............. and if I'm honest so I can blog on the go even when I'm away from my desk. But it will free up my desktop so justified I've told myself and John Lewis has a very nice new Toshiba on offer so I'm headed that way shortly.
Before I go, just found time to do this weeks Friday Sketchers challenge which is a lovely sketch from Jacqueline from the Netherlands. Have to say I'm not 100% happy with the finished article as not sure about the DP which is a double sided one from Crate Paper. I had decided on my image Penny Black 3949H and though the DP would match, but might be a tad dark for a summers day. But laptop calling, decided to go with it. The greeting is a skinny stamp from Stamps by Judith available from StampAddicts. Ovals cut on the cuttlebug with nesties.

Stamped as usual with versafine black and clear emboss, coloured with Marvy pens, stamped a second image for the two flowers at the top of the sketch and diamond glazed all. I cut the card itself on Cricut Wild Card, welding and flipping one of the shapes to achieve Jacquelin's chosen shape. I have used three beads threaded on a pin to fit with the left hand corner of the sketch and tied with a bow.

Also sharing a picture of one of the lupins and digitalis which are just coming out in the garden and also a hydrangea which is just showing colour. And by way of an explanation on the merecats before anyone asks, they totally fascinate me and when I saw these advertised in a ST supplement last year my Dad told me to buy them, so now they sit amongst the flowers.

15 comments:

Marianne said...

that was quick ;-) beautiful card.

Unknown said...

oh really precious and so fabulous.
thank you for joining the friday sketchers challenge.
hugs, bea

Beth said...

I love your card Brenda and I love the shading on the petals, together with the shape of the card itself. Thank you so much for visiting/coming upon my blog and leaving a comment. Beth.XX

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

Lovely card - the shape really lends itself to the design.

I too love merecats. Those look lovely amongst your beautiful flowers.

Love Jules xx

Jacque said...

Brenda, what a lovely card and great take on the sketch...magnificent flowers too...thanks for joining us on Friday Sketchers...Hugs..Jacque

pinky said...

Love the shape of this one Brenda, and the blending on the flowers is perfect. That beaded pin is lovely. Enjoy your laptop when you get it.
Pinky

Jeanette said...

Such a pretty card Brenda. I especially love the pin that you have made.
Thanks for joining us at FS this week!
Hugs Jeanette xx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Brenda love the colours and that image all gel very nicely together.

Hugs
Lorraine x

CraftyC said...

a very pretty card Brenda, and your flowers look lovely. I do love lupins
Clairex

lisa said...

Such a beautiful card Brenda. Hope your Laptop purchase has gone well. It's always exciting getting something new isn't it.
Your flowers are just so pretty, what a lovely combination. They are far more advanced than ours, I don't have any of these in flower yet, but we have had cold wet weather up until this week.
Enjoy the weekend.

Lisax

Jenny said...

eine süße Karte.

Nilla said...

Hi, cute card, Brenda!Your flowers are great! Hugs Nilla

Spyder said...

Lovely card Brenda, love the flower stamp and the flowers AND the blink behind them! I guess that was your Cricut too.
Thank you for popping over to
Spyder's Cornerand you'll be happy to know, the alien game music has now gone! (It was annoying wasn't it!)

Stampin'Piper said...

Beautiful Card! I love the flowers!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers this week!

Hugs Tanja
(Guest DT)

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Beautiful card! Love to see what you did whit my sketch. Great that you used the real shape!! These flowers just fit great in the season. Thanks for joining us at FS. Love from Holland,
Jacqueline