Monday 30 March 2009

Butterflies

Anyone who knows me will confirm that I am into butterflies big time. When I first started cardmaking it was rare for a card to leave my crafy room without featuring a butterfly or dragonfly somewhere within the design.

Thankfully my scope has widened, but I still have a love of butterfiles in my crafting and from time to time spend a day making just butterflies so that I have a stash to draw from as needed.

The card I am sharing with you today is a design I have used many times with just the odd amendment here and there. Paper is some of the gorgeous new Laundry Line designs from My Minds Eye available from http://www.sirstampalot.co.uk and is generously glittered, although I'm afraid that does not pick up well on my image (my photography skills leave much to be desired - who would beleive one of my son's is a professional photographer - perhaps he'll give me lessons ?).

The scrolls are cut on the Cricut using Home Decor and the circles on the C/B with nesties. The butterfly stamp -Creative Expression HH269F - is one of my favourites as the clear image lends itself to glittering. I have finished the card with three little dots which are a new find called Candy Dots which have a matt finish and a nice change from gems. They come in a variety of colours including brown, navy and a nice bright pink.



No comments: